Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lessons from The Biggest Loser

By Emily Gilly

This week I watched a recent episode of The Biggest Loser. Which is odd for me, because I’m not usually a fan. That said, I am really starting to see the appeal
. The season is now ended, but I happen to catch this episode where the remaining contestants run a marathon. That’s 26.2 miles! In just six months, these morbidly obese people went from completely out of shape to marathon runners!
As I watched I found myself in complete awe of these people. I workout regularly but I wondered if I could do what they were doing. Even if I had six months to train, could I do a marathon? It was downright inspiring to me.
How about you? What inspires you to do more, run harder, and persevere? I think that everyone who seeks to be fit is inspired by something. For millions the Biggest Loser has inspired them to lose weight. I have to say that I am blown away by the way it has helped so many people face their weight issues.
What inspires you to be healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment